The Rotaract club of sakthi institute of Technology was installed on 20.09.1985 under the guidance of Rotary Club of Sakthi Nagar. Along with the parent club, the Rotaract club also celebrated its silver jubilee. The club has its own president, secretary and directors for various avenues of service. The club is ably managed by having a staff adviser. During the past years various staff members and Rotarians acted as Staff Advisers. Because of their immense contribution the club has grown and won many awards. Currently Rtn.Dr.S.CHITRA HOD (I/c) / EEE is the staff adviser of the Rotaract Club. Every year the club does more than 50 projects, with the help of parent club.
Some of the important projects are:-
- ENVIRONMENTAL AWARNESS
- ORGANIZING DISTRICT EVENTS
- TREE PLANTING
- MOTHER FEEDING
- HELPING ORPHANAGES
- AIDS AWARNESS RALLIES
- BLOOD DONATION
- SAFETY AWARENESS
- DISASTER MANAGEMENT ETC
Installation function of Rotaract club - 2016
- The Rotaract club of Sakthi Polytechnic College and Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture along with the Installation of Interact club of Sakthi Higher Secondary School was held on 07th September 2016 at Sakthi Polytechnic College Meeting Hall.
- Rtn. S. JOTHI RAMALINGAM, District Interact Committee Chairman, R.I. District 3202 was the chief guest and Rtr. S. SABARINATHAN, District Rotaract Secretary, R.I. District 3202 was the guest of honor. Both of them delivered a vibrant and vision oriented speech to enthuse young minds.
- Rtn. PP. Dr. K.R. Muthuswamy, Principal, Sakthi Polytechnic College, Dr. N. Ashoka Raja, Dean, Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture and Rtn.PP. A.S. Krishnamoorthy, Head Master, Sakthi Higher Secondary School offered their felicitations and wished all the Rotaractors and Interactors.
- Earlier Rtn. P. Muthusawmy, President Rotary Club of Sakthi Nagar welcomed the gathering and Rtn. M. Yuvaraj, Secretary Rotary Club of Sakthi Nagar proposed vote of thanks. The function was well attended by large number of Rotarians, Rotaractors of both college and Interactors.