“Student's Chapter of India Chapter of American Concrete Institute”
Student’s chapter of India Chapter of American Concrete Institute for all the three years of Civil Engineering students is established at our institute since September 2021.
Mr.P.R.Nagarjan,Lecturer (Sel.Gr.–II) Civil Engineering and Mr.V.Manimuthu, W/S Instructor, Civil Engineering are acting as Advisor and coordinator for the chapter.
Dr.R.Shanmugam, HOD (i/c) Civil Engineering is Life Member in India Chapter of American Concrete Institute.
Activities by ACI:
- All India concrete Cube test competition
- All Indian Essay competition
- Expert Lectures
- Internship Programmes
- Concrete festivals organized by student chapter
- National Workshops
- Awards for ACI organized competition
- Participations in conventions
- Students can refer India Chapter ACI library
- Soft copies of “Concrete India” Journal will be sent to mail
INDIA CHAPTER OF ACI INAUGURATES NEW STUDENT CHAPTER AT SAKTHI POLYTECHNIC
- The India Chapter of American Concrete Institute (ACI) has opened a new Student Chapter at Sakthi Polytechnic College, Tamil Nadu on 18th May 2022.
- The opening was celebrated with a plaque unveiling ceremony, technical presentations and a reception inside the College Campus.
- Radhika Markan, Past President of India Chapter of ACI (ICACI), was the Chief Guest. College Principal Prof. Dr. N.Thangavelu, HOD Civil Engineering Prof. Dr. R. Shanmugam, Student Chapter Mentor Prof. P. R. Nagarajan, ICACI Director Prof. Dr. G.S.Rampradheep, Senior Civil Engineering faculty Prof. R. Parthipan, and other members of the Civil Engineering faculty along with students were in attendance at the inaugural ceremony.
- This will be ICACI’s fourth student chapter in the Erode District of Tamil Nadu, extending the association’s footprint to include 19 student chapters pan-India. It also marks ICACI’s first official inauguration of a Student Chapter since early 2020; a time period overshadowed by COVID-induced lockdowns.
- Markan noted: “We are happy to inaugurate, one more Student Chapter in Tamil Nadu, a rapidly growing and important geographical area for India Chapter of ACI. This development supports India Chapter’s objective to provide students with a wide range of learning and networking opportunities”.
- She added: “A Student Chapter membership open doors to an exciting new world of scholarships, internships, international-level competitions which in turn fast-track the student’s overall knowledge, skill and personality development.”
- College Principal Dr. N. Thangavelu commented: “We at Sakthi Polytechnic College are very enthused to be joining hands with the India Chapter of American Concrete Institute (ICACI). We welcome this opportunity to advance the knowledge and exposure of our Civil engineering students and render them career ready. We will strive to ensure a robust participation of our students in all ICACI events.”