Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the center of Silicon Valley. It was founded in 1984 in San Fransico. Its current revenue is more than $49 Billion and has approx. $108 Billion assets across the world. Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, tele communication equipment and other high-technology services and products. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as Open DNS, WebEx, Jabber and Jasper, Cisco specializes into specific tech markets, such as Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management. Cisco had a more than $500 billion market capitalization. Cisco has an employee base of 74,200 across the globe.
Cisco Networking Academy:
Cisco Networking Academy delivers a comprehensive, 21st century learning experience to help students develop the foundational ICT skills needed to design, build, and manage networks, along with career skills such as problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking. Students complete hands-on learning activities and network simulations to develop practical skills that will help them fill a growing need for networking professionals around the world.
Networking Academy uses a public-private partnership model to create the "world's largest classroom". Cisco partners with educational institutions, non-profits and nongovernmental organizations, governments, and community centre that provide classroom space, computer lab equipment, and qualified instructors. Cisco provides online curricula, teacher training, and professional development for instructors.
Networking Academy helps students prepare to assume entry-level ICT jobs, pursue additional training or education, and earn globally recognized certification so they can maintain networks that form the backbone of today's and tomorrow's global economy. It supports instructors by providing educational resources, learning management tools, professional development opportunities, and events that support learning and collaboration.
Cisco’s Networking Academy is an internationally-recognized IT skills and career- building program that’s available free to learning institutions. The program has thrived for more than 20 years and has reached 2.15 million students in 180 countries across the globe. Cisco Networking Academy partners with colleges, universities, vocational schools, public sector and nonprofits across the country, and ensures opportunities are evenly dispersed based on age, gender and economic diversity with disabilities.
Join the program and get free access to:
- High-quality international curriculum that combines in-depth technical training with problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills students need to get a job or create their own businesses
- Courses that can be combined to create pathways that complement existing academic or vocational programs and prepare students for certification
- The Learning Platform that helps instructors manage classes, track student success, deliver online assessments, and connect with other educators and IT experts online
- Cisco Packet Tracer for online network simulations that assist learning by creating and managing many kinds of networks
- Software labs and new emerging technologies via remote lab environments
- Career advice, employment connections, and skills competitions for your students
- Support and instructor professional development throughout the year
- Discounts for class-related lab equipment
- Access to training partners who provide more in-depth preparation as needed
Get chance to be hired by the Cisco and its Channel Partners:
- Talent Bridge empowers Cisco and our Cisco Channel Partners to identify top talent from Networking Academy’s education partners that can fill crucial networking and security jobs.
- Top talent: Networking Academy students learn networking and security skills as well as entrepreneurial, decision making and other soft skills. Making them better prepared to enter the workface.
- Global community: Gain access to a pipeline of current and former IT, networking and security students through our global network of over 12,100 education partners who represent more than one million students each year around the world.
- Direct Connection: Employment partners gain access to the Talent Bridge Matching Engine, our LinkedIn community and participate in Virtual Job Connection events allowing them to post jobs and interact with candidates directly.
Benefits to Educational Institutes:
- Offer a high quality curriculum that combines in-depth technical training and professional skills
- Choose courses to compliment academic or vocational program and prepare students for Certification.
- Leverage Cisco learning platform to track student success and connect with educators and IT
- Access support and training to get program up and running, and share best practices.
- Use Cisco Academy Logo, for branding promotion