AWS Academy is a global program that provides educational institutions and educational non- profits (collectively, “institutions”) with access to an AWS-developed and authorized curriculum so they can more easily offer cloud computing courses to their students. By participating in AWS Academy, institutions can help students become proficient and certified on the use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) technology.
Application to AWS Academy is open to institutions that are accredited or have received official validation from a government or established educational authority as determined by AWS. To be considered for membership in AWS Academy, your institution must also meet the requirements of the program and be approved by AWS.
AWS Academy Curriculum
AWS Academy courses are developed and maintained by AWS. Each learning path within the AWS Academy curriculum addresses different subject areas. AWS Academy courses are packaged in a modular format that may be delivered to students as synchronous or asynchronous learning in either an educator-led or virtual classroom environment.
Each learning path is designed to prepare students for an AWS certification. Students are provided with access to free certification practice exams and discounted certification exams that are aligned to the course. AWS Academy courses must be delivered by accredited educators who have completed the AWS educator accreditation requirements for each course they teach.
Benefits for Educators
AWS Academy accredited educators receive the following program benefits:
- Access to complete AWS-developed and authorized courses;
- Course updates that reflect new AWS releases and best practices.
- Complimentary seats in AWS-delivered courses relevant to AWS Academy authorized courses they are preparing to teach.
- Access to the AWS Academy Accredited Educator logo.
- Access to free certification practice exams and discounted certification exams.
- Invitation to AWS Academy conferences, webinars, and other events.
- Technical support.